We’re looking for a highly talented individual to lead the development of the most inspiring insights, defined opportunities and resulting positioning – to set the strategic foundation for the most compelling creative and interactions outputs for our clients. As a Strategic Planner, you’ll guide, support and inspire the development of Planners and Planning Executives in our Mi Insights team.
Behaviours (that support our core values):
- Work hard as an individual, as well as in teams and for our clients
- Be insistent and persistent in the pursuit of new, better, important ways to make our clients and the Agency more successful
- Be an explorer! Your quest for knowledge about marketing, people, culture, technology and all the forces that shape our work must be unending
- Your thirst to push beyond boundaries and conventions is unquenchable
- Be courageous, but your bravery can not be foolhardy. We take large or small leaps – but we do so with diligence.
GENEROSITY OF SPIRIT
- As a member of the Stein IAS family, put our members and relationships first, always. Respect, care for and protect each other above all.
- Your respect and care extends to our clients, industry friends, peers, and our business partners. It extends even further to our communities and the causes most important to us.
- Enjoy what we do and make life more enjoyable for everyone with whom we work
- Engage colleagues and clients with inspiration and energy to lead the delivery of the Mi Insights system
- Maintain the highest quality, integrity and strength of strategic planning recommendations, to deliver excellence in strategic outputs to support the growth and development of all client business
- Protect the integrity of our Mi Insights, and broader Mi3, systems whilst demonstrating the ability to understand client-specific needs and where we must adjust the reporting model of our insights learnings to meet a client’s specific need
- Lead by example in always delivering in-scope and on-time
- Play a proactive part in evolving Mi Insights system best practice with the Mi Insights team
- Lead positive and productive collaboration within the MI Insights team and with key agency peers/departments, and with client partners to consistently elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to the client business
- Actively encourage personal and professional growth in the skills, experiences and behaviours of the team members in equal measure – through formal and informal coaching, mentoring and hands-on learning
- Embrace and adopt the principles of a high-performing team
- Ensure all policy and legal requirements for the agency as they relate to the group are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Support new business and agency marketing/promotion activity when necessary
- Always hold an informed point of view, one that the client and colleagues will see providing value.
- Demonstrate leadership and ownership of the strategic context of client-specific accounts or product work streams.
- Lead the hands-on strategic planning, using the Mi Insights model process and tools.
- Direction and management of qualitative insight gathering (and quantitative as needed).
- Planning and facilitation MI Insights workshops.
- Reporting, analysis and application of learning and outputs from discovery and workshops.
- Development of creative briefs and providing concise and inspirational input to fellow Mi3 teams.
- Coordination and collaboration with all agency disciplines to assure integration and synergy.
- Plan, write up and, where required, present planning sections of new business proposals.
- Participate in and contribute to agency promotional activity.
- Maintain and advance the Mi Insights model and tools, co-ordinating with all peers to ensure best-practice, relevance and global B2B applicability.
Job Specific Competencies
- Strong discovery skills with desk research, market intelligence, qualitative and quantitative sources
- Highest level of analytical ability to identify and present key findings and resulting insights with clarity and simplicity
- Superb facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Competent in use of PowerPoint and its core functionalities
- Ability to create clarity and consistency in visual content
- Excellent time and workload management
- Robust awareness of the commercial context and resulting considerations
- B2B agency experience
- Good design layout awareness
- Social media and digital awareness
- Leadership and training aptitude and experience
|Date Posted||06 March 2017 12:00 AM|
|Closing Date||30 June 2017 12:00 AM|
To get a comprehensive job specification or to apply for this role, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org